I was able to fly out to Montana and check off one of the parks on my bucket list: Glacier National Park. It was as gorgeous as I imagined and I was able to hike it with my best friend.
We took the scenic route and stopped at all the Montana attractions along the way. The weather was perfect, the scenery was breathtaking. I can say I would happily go back and keep exploring the beauty of this park.
- Arrive on Sunday evening to Missoula MT
- Check into Hotel-
- Head out to eat at the Tamarack which has a killer Hummus Plate and grab a drink.
- Get some rest for our road trip in the morning
- Early morning- go get breakfast
- Head to Lincoln and go to the Lincoln Sculpture Park.
- Go to Phillipsburg for Sapphire Mining, the Candy Store, and some late lunch.
- Next stop- Hamilton and climb a waterfall on the way.
- Stay the night with my friends parents- enjoy the good food, company and views from the hot tub. Stay up too late for our early morning- who could expect anything else?
- Go to Glacier National Park and spend the day taking in the glorious nature.
- Hike Avalanche Trail at the Park
- Drive the 53 mile “Go To the Sun Road” in the park and stop continuously for the breathtaking views and wildlife.
- Head back to West Glacier to purchase dinner, charge our phones and buy a T-Shirt.
- Drive to our Cabin in the middle of no where – 47 minutes into the park. Booked it on Air BnB.
- Get up and head into Glacier for a hike along Lake McDonald
- Say Goodbye to Glacier and take photo by the sign
- Go to the National Bison Range and see Bison- plus views of the Mission Mountains.
- Drive to The Garden of 1,000 Buddhas
- Sleep in since checkout is at 12.
- Tour the University Fine Art building and amazing pottery room – ranked in the top 15 in the nation
- Head into Missoula for a look at the city and shops
- Head to the airport and I say goodbye to my dearest friend to fly home.